Do you want to enable your team to collaboratively model complex and changing domains, work together to identify bottlenecks and prioritize solutions, transition to designs that enable rapid and frequent software delivery?
Meet EventStorming, a collaboration modelling technique that will help you gain a deeper understanding into your domain.
In this hands-on and interactive virtual workshop, Paul Rayner will teach advanced EventStorming Facilitation skills spanning from large scale business discovery to collaborative solution design at the team level.
By the end of this workshop you’ll be equipped with advanced EventStorming facilitation skills spanning from large scale business discovery to collaborative solution design at the team level and practice planning an EventStorming session for your own context.
Learn how to:
Advanced EventStorming facilitation skills.
How to facilitate the different EventStorming formats applied to real business problems, taking into account different perspectives.
Practice applying EventStorming to various problems.
Tips and tricks for effective facilitation of collaborative workshops in both in-person and virtual settings.
Available datesDates coming soon
Our team is happy to discuss other options with you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ref:
Private tuition and large-group discounts are also available. Find out more here.
Who should take this workshop?
Anybody who works in software teams or with software teams will be able to fully participate in this workshop and take away concrete skills they can apply in real working situations. This includes software developers, architects, testers, product owners, business analysts, delivery managers, engineering managers, directors, and CTOs.
You will need a good webcam, internet connection and microphone to participate in this workshop. In order to maximize engagement, we require all participants keep their webcams on during the workshop.
Day One - Introducing EventStorming
- Explain the kinds of problems EventStorming is optimized for
- Describe what a domain event is and give examples
- Practice EventStorming a narrative together
- Define key events and show how to identify them in a narrative
- Practice modeling a process using milestones as structural guides
- Apply making process problems and unknowns visible
Day Two - Using EventStorming to Understand a Process
- EventStorm your own business process
- Enrich a timeline with actors and their motivations
- Leverage key events to identify sub-process goals
- Make significant business policies and decisions explicit
- Summarize key techniques for staying focused when domain modeling
Day Three - Using EventStorming to Design a Solution
- Apply collaborative modeling to sketch modeling options quickly
- Identify lifecycle stages in a timeline
- Blend user experience design and service design into software design
- Summarize virtual and in-person facilitation tips and tricks
- Compare different powerful questions to drive deeper modeling
- Design your own EventStorming workshop